Alcohol and other Drugs Testing Program
Drake Safety provides “Indicative” alcohol and other drugs testing (minimum of 5 tests per session), to identify any potential breach of the companies Alcohol and other drugs policy. The testing program is conducted by one of the 20 Drake personnel nationally, certified to conduct such testing.
The equipment used to conduct the testing is police grade breathalysers and a 6 panel illicit oral fluid drug testing kit. An indicative test result is achieved within 10 minutes following the sample being collected. Where a non-negative (positive) result is identified, the collector will follow the company’s Alcohol and other drugs policy or Drake International policy and procedures or whichever is more stringent.
All policies, procedures and consent and collection forms have been legally approved to ensure the integrity of the testing program. All results are determined in a confidential manner in accordance with the relevant Australian Standards
Alcohol and Other Drug Testing can be conducted in the following circumstances:
- Random testing
- Pre Employment testing
- Post injury or incident testing
- Site specific requirement testing
- Due Cause testing (where reasonable suspicion exists of working under the influence is believed)
For further information regarding the Alcohol and Other Drugs testing program and/or an obligation-free proposal, contact your local Drake office on 13 14 48.
- Provides a quick and accurate assessment of the presence of possible alcohol and other drug activity.
- Non-intrusive testing methods
- Minimal disruption to the workplace or activities to conduct testing.
- Meets your company’s legal requirements and obligations, regarding the provision of a safe workplace, protecting the health and safety of individuals tested and other workers.
- Reduces the risk of workers, working under the influence of alcohol and/or other drugs
- Maintained quality and integrity of test result collection and reporting.
- Cost effective solution, compared to more expensive evidentiary testing methods.
- The costs of alcohol and/or drug testing requirements are invoiced on one invoice per session.